Welcome to CollabTech 2017!
CollabTech 2017 will be the ninth international conference on collaboration technologies. Due to marked advances in networking, computing and interaction technologies, we are at the cusp of collaboration technologies being a part of an intricate network of various types of everyday collaborative processes. The conference will provide a platform for the international collaboration technology community to showcase, discuss and deliberate on state-of-the art, emerging new technology developments and understanding the social use of these technologies to improve collaborations.
CollabTech would also like to encourage you to use this opportunity to present challenging studies, which may be at a very early stage of their system development, or their exploration of new evaluation methods, but may trigger exciting technology.
This year CollabTech will be co-located organized with CRIWG 2017 which means that participants registered for one conference can attend sessions from the other. CRIWG and CollabTech communities have similar research topics and goals, but are geographically located in different regions. This will be an interesting opportunity to meet each other.
Contributions are solicited in all areas of collaboration technology research and applications. Topics include, but not limited to:
- CSCW system architectures and applications
- Social computing
- Inter-cultural collaboration
- Collaborative communication systems
- Embodied collaboration systems
- Shared virtual/augmented environments
- Smart devices for collaboration
- Computer supported collaborative learning (CSCL)
- Collaborative entertainment systems
- Computer supported cooperative design (CSCD)
- Social science studies on collaboration